“A giant milestone in the moral revolution passed today when the U.S. Supreme Court turned down every single appeal from several states on the issue of same-sex marriage,” wrote Albert Mohler in an article on Monday of this week. He later wrote in the same article; “This day in U.S. legal history will be remembered for many years to come as a landmark day toward same-sex marriage. It was the day the nation’s highest court took one of the lowest paths of least resistance.” If you have been paying attention at all you have witnessed what Mohler calls the “moral revolution,” a campaign to redefine marriage that has accelerated drastically the past few years. As the church continues to move forward in this rapidly changing cultural climate, I wanted to share some helpful information for the purpose of equipping.
- Russell Moore writes on how the church should respond to this week’s events.
- Here is a helpful piece on why silence is not the right response.
- This is a post on why getting the Gospel right is imperative in the Marriage debate. (HT Tim Challies)
- Here is a helpful article written by Tim Keller a few years ago addressing the charge of inconsistency often leveled against Christians.
- Last, I would recommend Sam Allberry’s helpful book, Is God Anit-Gay?